March 4, 2017

Through the eyes of the Lion

Leo was here.
Low eastern perspective of Wolseley near Ruby.
Brothers.
Bones for teeth by Coco's Frosting Shack.
Noam.
Effie.
Testing crab apples in autumn on Gus' back stoop.
Daddy Matt.
Walk Like an Egyptian lesson.
Gus.
Yard works.
The Artist himself, formally known as Leo The Lion.
For his fourth birthday, I gifted my friend Leo a Pentax K1000 and a purple magic wand. I am happy to report that the camera has survived and the lens cap is still present well into his fifth year. Those Pentax K1000s, good cameras for good souls. As for that sparkly purple wand, who knows.

Leo shot this display of photographs at the tail end of his fourth spin around the sun. Neighborhood looks. I was so surprised to recognize my own face in so many of the frames on the roll of 28. It is a good thing. I like what he sees in me. I especially love observing Leo take in the world around him. As long as I have known him, he has been watching. Alert, in tune and clever. Ready. This practice is one of his best traits. I hope to continue teaching him the art of analogue photography as long as he will grant me the company.

A camera is a tool, not a toy. Understood?
Got it. 
Happy Birthday.
Thanks.

We had this conversation over chocolate milkshakes at The Nook.

Love you my dear Leopard.

1 comment:

  1. Just spent some catching up on your words and photos before I settle down to work and paint (Will's in bed - no yelling/crying...hopefully! That boy has discovered his voice which is thrilling, but makes it hard to concentrate) and as always they fill me with a quiet happiness and inspiration. Beautiful work my love! With love, Liza

    ReplyDelete